Thursday, May 2, 2013

If I die young...

I (Amber) have a song stuck in my head. You know how that goes. You hear something at the grocery store, or the dentist office. I mean, you're pretty much a captive audience in that situation. Oh the subliminal advertising... The song is "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry. The hook is " If I die young, bury me in satin. Lay me down on a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song". The songstress seems to be unconcerned about her souls' destination. As if she already has peace about where she'll be. This hook made me think, am I really ready to die, young or old. If my time was right now, am I really really ready? Or, more importantly, if someone I know is called from this life, have I done all I can to get them ready, young or old?

I am reminded of Roman 8:38-39: "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creation, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" KJV. Now, I'm saved, blood bought, forgiven, and set free. Praise the Lord! But everyone I know is not. And probably everyone in your circle isn't either. Part of the reason I joined Strike The Rock is to use my gift of music to help spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. Some people would rather have a root canal then sit through a Sunday service. But these same people will listen to the radio or go to a concert. And that's where our God can grab them, captivate and woo them, and the Holy Spirit can work on their hearts and their spirits. And that's what we, Strike the Rock, are here to do. To serve in this way and set the atmosphere for the Holy Spirit to move. We don't get anyone save, delivered or set free. We just set the atmosphere for the Lord to move.

Now, I know that life or death, angels or principalities, or powers or current events or future ones, nor position, or low points in life, or possessions will ever be able to separate me from the love (and saving power) of Jesus. Can you say the same? Can you say that you did all you could do to connect others with His love? This post isn't meant to condemn, but to encourage. To encourage us to do more and use the gifts we have been given, whether it's the creative arts, technical savvy, or administration. To use all we've been blessed with to spread the love of Christ and keep others from being separated.The Lord will equip us to do His work- Hebrews 13:21

If you have a prayer request, praise report, of question we can try to answer, send us a message on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/striketherock1.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment